[Pulp-dev] No 'result' field for a Task in Pulp3

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Mon May 8 20:48:39 UTC 2017

Yes a 'summary' or 'result' field would be distinctly valuable from the
progress reporting. Whatever data gets put in a 'summary' field I think
needs to be structured in a way that the CLI can parse and show it
beautifully. I don't have a clear idea of what that looks like across
different plugin types, but if there are ideas of a structure getting those
written out would be good. Is adding a field like that the kind of thing
that would go in the MVP [0] for Pulp3 or on the future feature list [1]?

As an update on the current state of things. The "result" field was removed
as part of [2].

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Minimum_Viable_Product
[1]: https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/31+_Ideas_(post_MVP)
[2]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2675