[Pulp-dev] Pulp's code of conduct

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 13:16:57 UTC 2017

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 12:44 PM, David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com> wrote:

> I am working on the PUP that deals with Pulp’s plugin teams. We decided
> during PulpCon that the only requirement for plugin teams was to follow our
> code of conduct and I have a couple questions regarding our code of conduct.
>
> First, should the code of conduct be its own PUP? I feel it should because
> it'll govern more than just the plugin teams and it is important enough to
> be considered separately. However, I’d like other people’s thoughts.

Yes it should be it's own PUP.  I'd like to help with that PUP. However, I
don't think I'll be able to help until after Thanksgiving. Feel free to get
started without me.

> Second, I am wondering how to go about actually writing the code of
> conduct. Should we start out with Django’s code of conduct[0]? Or should we
> maybe have a meeting or email thread and design it from scratch?
>
> [0] https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/

OSAS recommends that projects adopt the latest version of the contributor
covenant[0]. I would like us to follow this suggestion. Thoughts?

[0] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html