[Pulp-dev] [pulp 3] proposed change to publishing REST api

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 19:44:37 UTC 2017

On 10/23/2017 10:50 AM, Dennis Kliban wrote:

> We should probably reevaluate the value of 'auto_update' on a Distribution. Information about distributions
> that need to be updated can be passed in the body of the POST to publications/. This way the user explicitly
> instructs Pulp to perform the update.

I don't think passing information about Distributions to be updated in POST publications/ would be not
appropriate. The auto_updated attribute is intended for convenience for non-manual promotion use cases.  If
the auto_update concept was discarded, the user should make a 2nd API call to distributions/ to update the
desired distribution(s).