[Pulp-dev] Pulp Code Owners

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 16:36:41 UTC 2018

Doing some research on code owners, I found[0] that I was wrong in that
code owners have to have the commit bit:

*The people you choose as code owners must have write permissions for the
repository.*

I think this makes the code owners feature less useful to us. More
importantly though, it means that we need to have a way for people to
obtain the commit bit before they can become code owners.

I’d propose that we table this discussion for now and instead focus on the
process for obtaining the commit bit. @ipanova is working on a new draft of
the commit bit PUP.

[0] https://help.github.com/articles/about-codeowners/

David