[Pulp-dev] 'id' versus 'pulp_id' on Content

Daniel Alley dalley at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 18:15:46 UTC 2018

I'm -1 on going the underscore idea, partly because of the aforementioned
confusion issue, but also partly because but I've noticed that in our API,
the "underscore" basically has a semantic meeting of "href, [which is]
generated on the fly, not stored in the db".

Specifically:

   - '_href'
   - '_added_href'
   - '_removed_href'
   - '_content_href'

So I think if we use a prefix, we should avoid using one that already has a
semantic meaning (I don't know whether we actually planned for that to be
the case, but I think it's a useful pattern / distinction and I don't think
we should mess with it).