[Pulp-dev] 'id' versus 'pulp_id' on Content

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 18:01:16 UTC 2018

Having a user focus made me realize that it would be useful if a user could
easily tell which attributes were common to all content units versus just
that one content unit. When scripting for instance that is really useful to
know. We could document the 5 attributes that platform provides, but when
there are 20+ attributes on a subclassed content unit the underscores would
provide an easy, consistent answer to this question. This is an additional
reason separate from the the issue that our content attribute names are
colliding (id at least for now). The underscore prefix would make
collisions highly unlikely also. This problem is only scoped to the Content
unit since that is the place where we expect a large number of subclassed
attributes.

For this reason I believe using the _ as the prefix will provide 2
benefits. I wrote them here on this ticket:
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3704

I am still +1 on adopting those changes for those reasons. More feedback is
welcome given the additional problem statements and discussion.