[Pulp-dev] Dev freeze

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 19:58:14 UTC 2018

I was looking at the release schedule page[0] and I saw that we define
release terms like ‘beta’ and ‘release candidate’ but we don’t define what
a ‘dev freeze’ means. I’d like to add the definition of ‘dev freeze' to our
release schedule page since it sounds like there has been some confusion
around what a ‘dev freeze’ is exactly.

The beta (as it’s currently defined on the release schedule page) is a
freeze of all features or bugs except for regressions related to the
release. Personally, I think a dev freeze should defined as a freeze of
feature (or story) work but bug fixes are permitted.

Thoughts? I’ll leave this discussion open until next week and then update
the page unless anyone objects.

[0] https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Release_Schedule

David