[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 21:03:40 UTC 2019

Pulp2:

   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1269 approved, about to merge +1
   +1
      - AI: Ina to check with stakeholders if there is any required release
      date
         - checked, we can release according to our schedule

Pulp 3:

   - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4424
      - How should pulp handle repos with missing metadata files?
      - AI: team think and comment

   - Let's identify/start discussing RPM specific Katello gaps
   - as a starting point Justin marked Katello items in our roadmap doc and
      he will add any missing ones if there are any.
      https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_RPM_Roadmap

   - question from Katello: where checksum type configuration will be on
   Publisher or not?
      - AI: Tanya will create a story
      - requires more planning, many details to this custom checksum type
      feature
      - potentially a one-time option

   - sometimes Travis fails after PRs are merged
      - Travis build history https://travis-ci.org/pulp/pulp_rpm/builds
      - Likely due to changes in depencdencies

   - Code owners for functional tests are added. Thank you, David!

Open PRs

   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls
      - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1191/
         - discussion will be continued