[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 19:40:04 UTC 2019

Pulp2

   - recursive copy docs https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4371 , in progress
   - should be done today

   - new libsolv package, QE are blocked
      - if no news from the build team by the end of the week, bring up on
      Monday meeting

Pulp3

   - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4424
      - Pulp will require primary, other and filelists
      - Descriptive error message should be shown to user
      - Document why repos without filelists/other are not supported

   - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4458 custom checksum type story
      - feedback/discussion is needed
      - AI: Team think and comment on the issue
      - AI: Tanya will remind Katello to comment on the issue

   - Issue with publish in case of lazy sync
   https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4412, on the sprint
   - any other critical/noticeable issue left which blocks beta? No.

   - One-shot uploader: Kersom suggested allowing a base_version option to
   be used along with repository
      - opinion #1: it's not really necessary, you can already do it in 2
      steps and we don't need to duplicate the entire feature set of the normal
      workflow.
      - opinion #2: maybe it's not a bad idea if it will ease user's life
      and if there is no additional logic/changes happening to base_version
      option, just directly passing the parameter to a repo version
creation call.

   - Packaging of RPM plugin in Fedora
      - sounds reasonable if pulpcore and pulpcore-plugin will be in Fedora
      and also RPM plugin requires libraries which are available on RPM-based
      distributions only.

Open PRs

   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls
      - well done, we are in a good shape, everything reviewed and merged
      except a couple of  test related PRs

Triage:

   - Un-triaged bugs
   https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=30