[Pulp-dev] pin pulpcore?
ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 13:05:48 UTC 2019
With more plugins going Beta and with frequent releases of pulpcore and
pulpcore-plugin an issue with dependencies version showed up:
- plugin requires pulpcore-plugin == 0.1.0bX
- pulpcore-plugin 0.1.0bX requires pulpcore >= 3.0.0bY
- at some point pulpcore introduces backward incompatible changes and the
newest pulpcore is incompatible with the old pulpcore-plugin. E.g.
It would be less of a problem when pulpcore goes GA but till then it is not
nice user experience.
Options to solve the issue:
1. Pin pulpcore with every pulpcore-plugin release
2. Pin pulpcore directly in a plugin
3. Don't do anything, we are in Beta, it will be fine when pulpcore is GA,
semver will keep us from introducing backward incompatible changes in the Y
or Z releases.
4. anything else?
As a side note, we already have an issue with having multiple plugins
installed if they require different pulpcore-plugin versions, so pinning
pulpcore wouldn't introduce a new problem. Again this should be solved
when we go GA, in my opinion.
Any thoughts or concerns are welcome.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pulp-dev