[Pulp-dev] black

Robin Chan rchan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 16:08:52 UTC 2019

Mike, clarification question below...

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 11:45 AM Mike DePaulo <mikedep333 at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:14 AM Brian Herring <bherring at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> > Moreover, using black would effectively take style comments/noise out
>> of PR reviews and we could just focus on logic.
>>
>> QE looked into this for a while, and I think it is a WONDERFUL
>> addition... especially for the reasons stated above.
>>
>> Some tweaking would be needed, but it is one less item to worry about.
>>
>> +1
>>
> [...]
>
> +1 based on my experiences on the X2Go project.
> We don't want to turn off new contributors with style issues.

Meaning new contributors would be annoyed that PR reviews would be full of
stylistic comments and that would be a bad experience?
I read this as possibly meaning new contributors would be unhappy with the
black project style choices? Being unfamiliar with the X2Go project, I'd
like some clarification on your input to the discussion here. TIA.