[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Fri Mar 22 15:07:22 UTC 2019

General:

   - We should track changes in Fedora and evaluate impact on Pulp
      - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/30/ChangeSet
      - any volunteers? - Daniel(@dalley)
      - Possibly relevant changes:
         - Zchunk Metadata
         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Zchunk_Metadata
            - impact discussed/considered some time ago
         - Removing the Group Tag
         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Remove_Group_Tag
            - needs checking/evaluation
         - Replace Comps Language Group with Langpacks
         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Replace_Comps_Language_Group_With_Langpacks
            - needs checking/evaluation
         - SWID tags
         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SWID_Tag_Enablement
            - impact discussed/considered some time ago

Pulp2

   - No questions at the moment, except un-triaged bugs

Pulp3

   - #4505 slow sync is fixed. Great job, Daniel!
   - Beta plans
      - merge the publish fix and release, maybe today
      - publish fix needs review, see open PRs below
   - Any progress on the installer?
      - more discussion is needed
         - there are multiple options outlined in
         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4494
         - the rpm specific issue is on the sprint
         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4494
            - should be worked on next, after critical issues are resolved
            and merged and beta is released
         - ideas for our regular demo
      - One-shot upload? +1+1
         - ttereshc to check with ppicka the plans on demoing it
         - On-demand sync/publish of EPEL

Open PRs

   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls
      - publish fix
      https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1298#discussion_r265235083
         - feedback and review are still needed
            - ugly solution but the question is if we need to change the
            model for packages or not
               - if not, we can refactor it later, after RC
            - test for publish is not failing
   https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1299
      - dkliban will look into it

Triage:

   - Un-triaged bugs
   https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=30
   - Triage etherpad https://etherpad.net/p/rpm_triage_grooming
      - partially triaged
      - some follow-ups are needed, more info on the etherpad for triage ^