[Pulp-dev] IRC Log bot

James Cassell fedoraproject at cyberpear.com
Fri Mar 22 20:53:17 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019, at 2:07 PM, Brian Bouterse wrote:
> I believe logs are helpful as IRC becomes a place for meetings to
> happen and decisions to be made. They can help us remember points
> considered and remember why a decision was made.
>
> FYI the existing triage bot (pulpbot) does log recording and posting
> [0] for Triage. Can we extend it to record for more meetings? I'm
> especially interested in logs for IRC meetings (other than triage).

Zodbot could perform the meeting logging: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zodbot#Meeting_Functions

Meetings tracked by zodbot are published at https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/ for example: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/sresults/?group_id=ansible-meeting&type=channel

...But upon further inspection, looks like pulpbot already provides that meetbot function.

In any case, +1 to general channel logging.  I believe Freenode requires a url to the public log be in the channel topic if the channel is logged publicly.

V/r,
James Cassell