[Pulp-dev] Usability Issue - Can't directly expose RepositoryVersion through a Distribution

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Mon May 6 15:20:03 UTC 2019

Today on a bluejeans call @tterehsc, @asmacdo, @ipanova, @dkliban, and I,
discussed options and agreed on a few next steps. Here's a recap:

We are going forward w/ 4745 so users of plugins that don't use
publications can auto-distribute and manually distribute RepositoryVersions
directly. We are *also* removing the publisher auto-distribution workflow.
See the rewritten ticket for the up to date scope of work [0]. These
changes will come w/ pulp-smash updates as part of the dev work.

As a related aside, we also discussed shared interest in pursuing
Master/Detail Distributions and hopefully resolve that (either way) by the
end of this week, so all of this can be included in rc2.

Please correct anything that I've written if it's not accurate.