[Pulp-dev] Importers/Exporters

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 19:28:11 UTC 2020

Thank you for the details. More questions inline.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 2:04 PM Justin Sherrill <jsherril at redhat.com> wrote:

> the goal from our side is to have a very similar experience to the user.
> Today the user would:
>
> * run a command (for example, something similar to hammer content-view
> version export --content-view-name=foobar --version=1.0)
>
> * this creates a tarball on disk

What all is in the tarball? Is this just a repository export created by
Pulp or is there extra information from the Katello db?

> * they copy the tarball to external media
>
> * they move the external media to the disconnected katello
>
> * they run 'hammer content-view version import
> --export-tar=/path/to/tarball

Does katello untar this archive, create a repository in pulp, sync from the
directory containing the unarchive, and then publish?