[Pulp-dev] Importers/Exporters

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 14:53:00 UTC 2020

There are two different forms of export today in katello:

Legacy version:

   * Uses pulp2's export functionality

   * Takes the tarball as is

"New" Version

    * Just copies published repository as is (following symlinks)

    * Adds own 'katello' metadata to existing tarball

I would imagine that with pulp3 we would somewhat combine these two
approaches and take the pulp3 generated export file and add in a
metadata file of some sort.

Justin