[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 17:57:18 UTC 2020

Pulp 3:

   -

   Copy status
   -

      Depsolving: DONE
      -

      Incremental Update: Almost done
      -

      Multi-repo-copy: Almost done
      -

      API:
      -

         Need to check with Katello that their needs are met
         -

         Need to work out how to accept repositories OR repository versions
         as source, & support base_version on dest
         -

      Questions:
      -

         Do we need distribution tree copy for Katello?
         - Probably.
            - We need to check with Katello and test how it works now.
            - It's outside of the scope of copy API.
         -

         Do we need to copy Comps children (PackageGroup -> RPMs,
         PackageEnvironment -> PackageGroups, etc.) for Katello?
         -

         No

         -

      Tests: Not nearly enough of them

   -

   Import/export status
   -

      ggainey & daviddavis meeting every day/every-other to brainstorm
      -

      Design doc braindump in progress
      -

      Top-level epic - 6134 <https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6134> - also has
      thoughts
      -

   Tests
   -

   3.x (katello release)
   -

      https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=149
      -

      Deadlines:
      -

         Beginning of March - to have ability to integrate for major
         features like Copy API
         -

         End of March - GA with all the features complete (bugs can be
         fixed later in Z releases) +  tests
         -

         April - import/export work  (it’s the only exception which is not
         required to finish in March but we aim to finish it in March)
         -

   Bucket of prioritised items outside of any release
   -

      https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=148
      -

      Don’t pick up this work unless you can’t contribute to the items
      aligned to a certain release
      -

      Items here are not groomed and descriptions might be outdated. If you
      are willing to work on it, reach out to the group and groom it first.
      -

   Modularity bug, a nasty one, should be fixed soon, on the sprint
   -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6229

Pulp 2:

   - Couple of security requests closed, no issues identified

Open PRs:

   -

   https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls

Triage: