[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 17:35:33 UTC 2020

Pulp 3:

   -

   Reminder to mark bugfixes which needs to be cherry picked
   -

      PR author and reviewer should check that
      -

   Remaining features for katello 3.16 which have redmine tickets in new
   and not assigned
   -

      Copy
      -

      Importers/exporters
      -

      OpenSUSE support
      -

         Waiting on createrepo_c
         -

      Maybe we should add mirrorlist support?
      -

         maybe by October
         -

         bmbouter has PoC for it
         -

      Certguard - in progress, bmbouter is on it
      -

      AI: ttereshc to bring katello milestone in redmine up to date, to
      have a prioritised list of issues to work on
      -

   pulp_rpm_prerequisites
   -

      licensing question: PR #35
      <https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm_prerequisites/pull/35>, although
      tiny, was submitted before re-licensing. I rebased and amended the commit
      message #38 <https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm_prerequisites/pull/38>.
      Do we need the author’s relicense affirmation?
      -

         All good.
         -

      Not auto-importing <https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6210> to galaxy since
      GHA migration, but I will work on the versioned release instead.

Pulp 2:

   -

   All blockers have been resolved.

Sprint planning prep:

   -

   Items planned to be worked on during sprint and estimated time for each
   -

      fao89 (1-2 days)
      -

         work on bindings problem
         -

         S3 test
         -

      ggainey
      -

         import/export - design/use-cases in progress, 3 days (??)
         -

         Errata-migration discussion(s), 1 day
         -

      daviddavis
      -

         copy: 1-2 days
         -

         importers/exporters: 3 days?
         -

      dawalker
      -

         Finishing optimize sync and optional checksum PRs through merging
         (6055, 4458): 3 days?
         -

         Open to work on whatever is needed the remainder of the sprint
         -

      dalley
      -

         Modulemd and modulemddefault depsolving: 3 days?
         -

         Child unit copy (errata-RPMs, packagegroup-RPMs): 2 days?
         -

         Multi-repo copy: 3 days?
         -

         Testing all of the above properly, including generating better
         fixtures: 5+ days?
         -

         Pre-built binary Python packages: any remaining free time
         -

      bmbouter
      -

         Certguard candlepin support and GA release 3-5 days
         -

      ppicka
      -

         TBD (ppicka was out today)