[Pulp-dev] Draft Community Demo - Your Opinion Please

Robin Chan rchan at redhat.com
Fri Jul 24 16:47:02 UTC 2020

Robin Chan

She/Her/Hers

Satellite Software Engineering Manager - Pulp

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com>

IRC: rchan

Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.
<https://www.redhat.com>

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:32 PM Melanie Corr <mcorr at redhat.com> wrote:

> Ar Déar 23 Iúil 2020 ag 17:35, scríobh David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com
> >:
>
>> Thanks for working on this. Responses inline below.
>>
>> David
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 11:55 AM Melanie Corr <mcorr at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I need your help in shaping the survey[0].
>>>
>>> I copied over some questions from last year's survey and added what I
>>> thought might be interesting. Last year's survey contains a lot of
>>> "planning" questions for future upgrades to Pulp 3. Many things have
>>> changed since then, and I think you know best where we need to focus.
>>>
>>> I added conditions to the survey to try and separate the following:
>>>
>>> * Questions for Pulp 2 Users
>>> * Questions for Pulp 3 Users
>>> * Questions for people who are in-between their migration. This last
>>> category of user may exist only in my head. Let me know :)
>>>

>>> Questions for you:
>>>
>>> Do you think streaming the survey into separate user groups like this is
>>> a good idea?
>>>

>> Is it possible though to compare the results across surveys (like what OS
>> people are using)?
>>
> It's the same survey, with sections that redirect for Pulp 2 users or Pulp
> 3 users.
> I had to think about this. The answer was yes but with added work.
> To avoid extra processing of answers, I added the generic questions (OS,
> size, etc) to one section while keeping conditional Pulp 2 and Pulp 3
> sections.
> If someone in the Pulp 2 section answers that they have installed Pulp 3,
> they also get redirected to the Pulp 3 section afterward so they can give
> their opinion on that :)
> Am happy to apply any feedback.

Gotcha. Ok, that could be nice for the user - skip questions that aren't
relevant to them.

>>> [0]