[Pulp-dev] Signing Service Meeting Schedule on #pulp-meeting

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 19:03:45 UTC 2020

We met today, see the video and meeting notes links below. Here's what we
determined (there is more reasoning in the document), please send feedback:

* We do see value in adding a public key to the SigningService (base model).
* Having the SigningService be immutable would be good. This causes changes
in model changes to require Content Administrators to update their
repositories to use the newly created object and update their clients if
necessary making this process explicit instead of implicit.
* We want to ship a generic version of the script to make it easier to use
* To make the script generic for gpg use at least, the key_id also should
be passed it, this would also be a new field added to SigingService
(base_model)

Here are some concerns we don't yet know how to address:
* How would the signing service work if /var/lib/pulp is not providing
shared storage?
* Should the checksum also be added to the model?

Please share ideas, feedback, and concerns.

[0]: https://hackmd.io/k5xm4WZ7QpeX0HF80XS9OQ
[1]: https://youtu.be/uecwUFJTWno