[Pulp-dev] upgrade testing meeting minutes
dkliban at redhat.com
Tue May 26 13:56:07 UTC 2020
Earlier today we discussed ideas for upgrade testing. The notes were kept
here . The summary of the meeting minutes is below.
* from which version to which version?
* from the latest x.y.z release of pulpcore and plugin being to tested
to the master branch of pulpcore and master branch of plugin
* which database tables should we test?
* all the content types, all remote types, all exporters, ALL resources
* each plugin team should decide it
* we want to test:
* REST API
* have each plugin upgrade test be a separate job
* stretch goal - test all katello plugins together
* add a check to regular CI that ensures no new migrations are generated
when makemigrations is run
* https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6637 - the epic for improving functional test
* Should we combine 6637 effort with the upgrade testing?
* if we don't combine, we will end up with 2 sets of tests
* need to handle cases where a feature is not present in version
N-1 and added in version N
* tests for each plugin are already specific to the version
they sit within
* as a first step in this giant effort we should simply test that we can
install a previous version of pulpcore + plugin and then run migrations for
master branch of pulpcore + plugin.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pulp-dev