[Pulp-dev] 3.7.0 Release Timeline & Go/No-Go Chat Meeting

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 21:09:25 UTC 2020

A lot of progress was made today, the final 3.7.0 and several plugin
compatibility releases should go out tomorrow.

* 3.6.4 pulpcore and its installer are fully published and announced
* pulpcore==3.7.0, pulp_file==1.3.0, and pulp_ansible==0.4.0 are published
but not announced (waiting on pulpcore announcement first)
* pulp_container==2.1.0 is publishing right now (thanks @ipanova and
* 3.6.4 installer is not yet published, and this is what is holding up the
announcement. I will resume tomorrow, and then proceed to announce
* pulp-certguard should happen tomorrow, along with galaxy_ng upgrading to
the latest pulpcore, pulp_ansible, and pulp_container. pulp_rpm I also
think is likely

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 12:29 PM Brian Bouterse <bmbouter at redhat.com> wrote:

> Through IRC discussion here's what we learned:
> * it's generally agreed plugins should not switch their pulpcore version
> in a z-stream
> * pulpcore 3.7.0 is on pypi so plugins can now use pulpcore>=3.7,<3.9 and
> start releasing. Bump your y-versions even if there are no changes (it's
> strange I know but ... bullet point one)
> * 3.6.3 is broken, and I am now going to release a 3.6.4 and an installer
> version 3.6.4 first, see this release tracker issue
> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7557
> * We're waiting on pulp_file and pulp_rpm compat releases for 3.7.0 before
> the installer is released
> * Once the installer and pulpcore bits are available (both 3.7.0 and
> 3.6.4) announcements will go to pulp-list
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 7:15 PM Brian Bouterse <bmbouter at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>> 3.7.0 is technically released, but the pulp_file PR is failing due to a
>> variety of reasons. I'll continue on it (and the pulp_ansible release PR
>> also failing) tomorrow.
>> I still need to release the installer, and then proceed with the
>> announcements.
>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 1:13 PM Brian Bouterse <bmbouter at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>> We had our final go/no-go check in today, and we determined 3.7.0 is
>>> on-track for the Sept 22nd release date.
>>> You can see the milestone's work items here:
>>> https://tinyurl.com/y6rqlufb
>>> * Everything except 7460 is expected to merge, or at least be in POST,
>>> by EOB today
>>> * 7460 is a very small piece of work that a meeting on Monday will
>>> coordinate
>>> * Selinux EL7 and EL8 policies (not in work query since it doesn't block
>>> the pulpcore release due to not being in pulpcore's bits) is also done!
>>> Thanks to everyone who put in so much hard work to get this release
>>> ready.
>>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 12:51 PM Brian Bouterse <bmbouter at redhat.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>> At the go/no-go check in today, we determined the 3.7.0 is on-track for
>>>> the Sept 22nd release date.
>>>> The next check-in meeting on #pulp-meeting is set up for Friday Sept
>>>> 18th, 12pm - 12:30pm EDT. https://everytimezone.com/?t=5f63f880,3c0
>>>> ## Notes
>>>> * All remaining pulpcore and pulpcore installer items to be included
>>>> are now tagged in the 3.7.0 milestone:
>>>> https://pulp.plan.io/versions/126
>>>> * You can see a query-based of the milestone sorted by status here:
>>>> https://tinyurl.com/y6rqlufb
>>>> * We believe all items at ASSIGNED will be merged at our current pace
>>>> by Friday
>>>> * The 4 items at NEW are all now marked HIGH prio
>>>> * All code must be merged by the end of business on the 21st. The 22nd
>>>> is just release day
>>>> * The SELinux deliverables (EL7 and EL8 policies) are required for
>>>> 3.7.0 but are not included on this milestone because they are shipped
>>>> separately from pulpcore and therefore do not need to block its release
>>>> * No significant pulp_file items were discussed
>>>> ## The four items at NEW
>>>> 7471 - The biggest risk. The installer team will be discussing this
>>>> today and through the end of the week
>>>> 7460 - A small item. A meeting on monday was already set up to finalize
>>>> it's merge. This will likely merge on the 21st
>>>> 7413 - To be done on docs day this Thursday the 17th
>>>> 7411 - Technically not blocking the release and will be removed if not
>>>> merged by end of business on the 21st. It is still high prio though, for
>>>> anyone who is on the CI mini-team and can work on it
>>>> Thanks to everyone who participated in our release check in today!
>>>> On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 3:20 PM Brian Bouterse <bmbouter at redhat.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> Per the new process, here's the tracker (with checklist) for 3.7.0's
>>>>> release: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7463  Right now, the GA date is
>>>>> slated for Sept 22nd.
>>>>> The first go/no-go meeting will happen in #pulp-meeting at the time
>>>>> below:
>>>>> Tuesday Sept 15th, 12pm - 12:30pm EDT.
>>>>> https://everytimezone.com/s/68f4535a
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Brian
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://listman.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/attachments/20200923/e87cb5d8/attachment.htm>

More information about the Pulp-dev mailing list