[Pulp-dev] Tracking issues for plugin_template

Ina Panova ipanova at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 10:47:23 UTC 2021

--------
Regards,

Ina Panova
Senior Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.

"Do not go where the path may lead,
 go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 7:55 PM David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com> wrote:

> Wanted to bump this to hopefully get some feedback. Also, today during our
> CI/CD meeting we discussed also tracking issues for pulp-oci-images on
> github as well.
>
> If there are no objections by next week April 26, I'll assume I can
> proceed with moving these projects' issues over to Github.
>
> David

I have no objections regarding moving plugin_template and pulp-oci-images
to github.

The question I have is - what is our long term goal? Do we aim to
eventually move all of the projects from pulp.plan.io? I know there were
discussions in the past but we have not found a solution on how to connect
issues with downstream trackers. The concern I have, if we don't have such
plan, then we might have plugins' issue tracking scattered between plan.io
and github where users, as a result, will file issues in the redmine and
then we will need to whether ask them to open a github issue or do it
ourselves.
We just had a python issue filed in the redmine last week.