[Pulp-dev] Tracking issues for plugin_template

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 11:41:58 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 6:48 AM Ina Panova <ipanova at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 7:55 PM David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Wanted to bump this to hopefully get some feedback. Also, today during
>> our CI/CD meeting we discussed also tracking issues for pulp-oci-images on
>> github as well.
>>
>> If there are no objections by next week April 26, I'll assume I can
>> proceed with moving these projects' issues over to Github.
>>
>> David
>>

> I have no objections regarding moving plugin_template and pulp-oci-images
> to github.
>
> The question I have is - what is our long term goal? Do we aim to
> eventually move all of the projects from pulp.plan.io? I know there were
> discussions in the past but we have not found a solution on how to connect
> issues with downstream trackers. The concern I have, if we don't have such
> plan, then we might have plugins' issue tracking scattered between plan.io
> and github where users, as a result, will file issues in the redmine and
> then we will need to whether ask them to open a github issue or do it
> ourselves.
> We just had a python issue filed in the redmine last week.

This is a good point. I just looked at bugzilla, and 'Github' is listed as
one of the Systems you can "Add Link" to. We'd (obviously) need to modify
the linking/state-change-scripts. The complicating issues I can see there,
are a) not having moved *all* the projects to github, so some BZs would
want links to redmine and some to github, and b) being able to get "all"
the issues - in redmine, I can go to pulp.plan.io/issues and see all the
issues for every project, not sure we can get something equivalent from
github.

>> On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 8:38 AM David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've always felt that tracking plugin_template issues under the main
>>> pulp project in plan.io was suboptimal and with other repos such as
>>> pulp-cli moving to github issues, I feel that it might make sense for the
>>> plugin_template to move to github issues as well.
>>>
>>> There's only 11 open issues right now in pulp.plan.io? for the
>>> plugin_template so I think it would be an easy move. I'd propose we also
>>> remove the plugin_template tag from the list of options (but keep it on old
>>> issues for history).
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> David

Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering