[Pulp-dev] Pulp Installers Team Meeting Minutes 2021-10-20, 2021-11-03, 2021-11-17, 2021-12-01

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 14:31:40 UTC 2021

Apologies for not sending all these sooner

## Dec 1 Agenda
* 3.15 RPMs support
    * [Figured out EL8 upgrade](
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/793/commits/21bb6b64b406a28771881cbfb8d903b41c9e146c)
at last
    * Figured out EL7. Now idempotency is failing, but that is resolvable
    * Just realized I could easily create a 3.8 container with the old
installer. Because no pip dependency issues to worry about.
    * [Issue with affinity](
https://github.com/pulp/pulp-operator/issues/289#issuecomment-982702761)
* Moving pulp_pkg_repo URLs from the molecule (CI) variables to the
installer itself
    * [mikedep333] In a convo several months ago, I recall the Foreman
build team saying this is OK to do now.
    * agreed: Put the URLs in pulp_installer, along with docs warnings
about being unsupported, and have the Foreman build team review.
* Making redis optional in the installer
    * Agreed: If a user does not want redis, tell them to use a roles list
[pulp_database, pulp_services, pulp_health_check, pulp_webserver]

## Nov 17 Agenda
* track sprint[s] on github issues? && how?
    * We can use labels
    * agreed: This subteam never followed sprints closely, so no need now.
    * agreed: We will implement if we feel the need for it.
* [mikedep333] Still trying to make time to work on pulpcore 3.15 RPM
packages support
* [mikedep333] Still need to rename master branches to main
    * [mikedep333] Just renamed them. fao89 and I agreed we would just fix
any breakages quickly, since it's easy to do.
    * pulp_installer master branch checks out pulpcore-selinux master. This
needs to be updated ASAP to fix CI.
* Gave 2 talks and colected excellent feedback at pulpcon.
    * Still ongoing discussions about the feedback and engineering plans
based on it. Such as:
        * pulp-pip-installer
        * Changing the docs or separating pulp_installer into "installing
pulp" (`pulp_services`) vs "orchestrating the entire pulp node"
(`pulp_all_services`)

## Nov 03 Agenda
* Fedora 35 - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/797
* Risky file permissions
    * ansible-lint warning
    * dkliban to file issue, ppicka to work it
        * https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/issues/800
* 3.15 release (Satoe request)
    * https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/793
        * Mike to hopefully finish by end of day. Will follow up then.
    * https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/796
* Plugins
    * https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/382
* Working on pulpcore 3.15 RPM packages support
    * Debugging an issue, just FYI
    * I know it is blocking the 3.15.2-3 release

## Oct 20 Agenda
* Moving to github issues
    * check our backlog to close stale issues
    *
https://blogs.harvard.edu/rprasad/2014/07/10/moving-from-redmine-to-github-issues/
    * Agreed: File new issues in GitHub.
    * Agreed: Move over existing issues when discussed/updated.
    * Agreed: Just rename the Redmine "category" "Installer" to "Installer
- move to GitHub". Most users will not even use Redmine, or get the hint.
* https://pulp.plan.io/issues/9450
    * Didn't we ask about the squid setup? In matrix/irc?
    * Squid proxy was run on same machine as pulp.
    * We do not understand why they would do that.
    * Agreed: Dkliban will talk to Yanis about it.
* How to run entire GHA workflow locally, not just molecule locally?

--

Mike DePaulo

He / Him / His

Service Reliability Engineer, Pulp