[Pulp-dev] pulpcore team meeting notes - May 11, 2021

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Tue May 11 14:23:31 UTC 2021

## Topics
* Hold https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8386 for 3.14
    * could potentially break plugins (pulp_rpm) that want 3.13
* Possible scheme to "backport idempotent data migrations"
    * We cannot backport migrations, but we could wrap the migrating code
into a post_migrate action on the backport only.
    * This can only work for pure data migrations( no schema change).
    * Being on the dot releases, the post_migrate code may be run
arbitrarily often before the real migration (coming with the minor release)
will run once. Therefore the code must be idempotent.
    * The post_migrate code should not appear on master ever, because it
may be incompatible with later database schemas.
* Response to checksum migration
    * https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1313#issuecomment-838075001
    * considered 3 options:
        * option (1): make it a no-op
        * option (2): make it continue even if there are errors
        * option (3): leave it as is
        * question: should the migration also download content
            * overall folks believe no, mostly because the common case is
reducing the number of checksums not adding them
    * decision: go with option (2) @daviddavis to update his PR and reply
to the concern
* Docs Backlog ( let's time box it 20mins)
    * https://tinyurl.com/36hc2c9h
* Idea/question: should we add DRF token authentication to pulpcore, can
pulp-container use it?
* Backports for django CVE fix
    * 3.9 - 3.12 for pulp_deb
    * katello & galaxy_ng need: 3.7, 3.9, 3.11
    * bmbouter to release backports

## Action Items
[fao] write a report about upgrade tests and send on pulp-dev mailing list