[Pulp-list] Pulp updates

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 15:05:47 UTC 2008

Matthew Barr wrote:
> It'd be nice to keep track of the groups file, and add that
> automatically to the createrepo command backend.

> I'm not sure what data is stored, etc.. but we need to keep track of
> this already, when we deal w/ repos for cobbler.

Do you mean comps.xml? Are you manipulating comps.xml for dealing with
cobbler repos? E.g. are you adding/removing custom packages / creating
new package groups directly in comps.xml? Are there any tools available
for doing this or you have to hand-edit the xml file?

> It would be very nice to be able to set up yum repos easily on machines
> after build time...

Definitely. One idea we got from jimi_c in #rhel was to generate a
package for each repo that you can go rpm -ivh
http://yourpulpserver/foo/bar-repo.rpm that will lay down the yum repo
file and perhaps install the repo's gpg key for you if need be. Would
that sort of functionality meet your need here?

~m