[Pulp-list] API: Consider to only return JSON parseable results

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Sun Dec 11 22:59:34 UTC 2011

On 12/10/2011 07:23 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> I'm up in the air on what delete should return. The serialized objects
> that were deleted? A JSON report with some info on the delete such as
> how many items were deleted? I'm open to suggestions.

If the deletes end up being asynchronous as well, then I guess the task
information might be a valid option.

Otherwise, I don't think it matters all that much, so long as whatever
*is* returned is valid JSON so that returns can be parsed
unconditionally in server interaction code. For example, "TRUE" would
work for that, but a bare TRUE fails.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane