[Pulp-list] Pulp Beyond 1.0

John Morris john at zultron.com
Wed Apr 4 04:12:07 UTC 2012

> Hi John,
>
> If you want to see some of what is possible with the new repository
> model in v2.0, you may want to take a look at PulpDist:
> http://pulpdist.readthedocs.org
>
> I'm using Pulp as the back end for an rsync-based mirrorring network
> with REST API control over the individual jobs.

Rsyncing what sort of files?  RPM repos?

The pulpdist docs do answer my question:  pulpdist is used to 'manage
arbitrary directory trees', so really any content.  From what I can
tell, the same code to sync repos around could also sync video files
around, and I could write a plugin analogous to my 'repoview' plugin to
generate video thumbnails.  One more plugin could tell a local database
to start serving the now-locally-stored video from local content servers
instead of remote ones.  (Don't worry, I'm not really talking about
putting pulpdist into anyone's production site.  Yet. ;)

	John