[Pulp-list] Developers: Action Required: The migration that pulp_rpm now has, and what it means for devs

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 15:11:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:26:28 -0500, Randy Barlow <rbarlow at redhat.com>
wrote:
> To mitigate this problem, I suggest we go ahead at set up a migration
> entry point for the pulp_puppet project with no migrations in it. If we
> do this and everyone runs pulp-manage-db while it's in that state, the
> version 0 will be stored in everyone's DB and we won't have to do this
> same process for that project.

I just added a migrations package to the pulp_puppet project, so take a
moment to follow these steps:

1) Reinstall the pulp_puppet Python package, using it's setup.py. This
will add the entry point so that the DB management script can find the
migrations.

2) Run pulp-manage-db. You should see "Migration package
pulp_puppet.plugins.migrations is up to date at version 0", as there are
no migrations for this project.

Doing this will make it so you don't need to go edit your DB in the future
when there are some migrations in there.

--
Randy Barlow