[Pulp-list] Dozer: Python tool to look at memory objects allocated in realtime for a mod_wsgi app

John Matthews jmatthew at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 16:49:56 UTC 2012

"Dozer/Dowser" is a tool to look at memory objects allocated in realtime for a mod_wsgi app by visiting a web page.

Dowser tracks the number of objects of a certain type that have been created/kept.  It shows a running tally of Min/Current/Max.
(Actual memory consumption size would be awesome, yet I don't think dowser supports that.)

Green "sparklines" are generated for each object type to show a crude history of number of allocations.
It also allows you to drill down into a type and see more information of where the allocation came from.

Dowser is the original project written for CherryPy
 http://www.aminus.net/wiki/Dowser
 Look at the above link to see examples of screenshots of the data available.

Dozer is the port of Dowser to mod_wsgi

Below Pulp Wiki page has setup notes taken while I configured this for Pulp
  https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/Debugging/MemoryLeaks#Dozer