[Pulp-list] Exclude packages or package groups from repo sync

Brian Lee brian_lee1 at jabil.com
Tue Aug 6 17:33:23 UTC 2013

I appreciate the responses. Here are some use cases that I can imagine.

- Users that don't require X Windows for any of their Linux systems would
prefer not to sync anything that depends on X Windows. These could be
excluded/blacklisted based on package names, simple pattern matching,
regex, or yum package groups.

- Some repositories, such as
OracleLinux<http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/latest/x86_64/>include
the *.src.rpm in the same repo directory, which makes syncing the
entire repository *much* larger.

- Users that only want to sync a select few packages from a repository, and
exclude the rest.

Thanks again,
Brian