[Pulp-list] pulp-manage-dbl sasl negotiation failed

Ben Stanley Ben.Stanley at exemail.com.au
Wed Dec 3 17:55:00 UTC 2014

Thanks for getting back to me.

In the interests of making progress while America was enjoying
thanksgiving, I decided to get a passwordless setup going, which is now
working.

I will have to set up another vm to test password stuff, but I don't know
when I will get to do that.

I found the documentation for how to set up the the qpid password stuff to
be quite confusing. Apparently the qpid configuration file had moved from
/etc/qpidd.conf to /etc/qpid/qpidd.conf, and this is not reflected in the
qpid docs! I was initially quite confused about what file I was supposed to
be editing, and initially I put those changes in /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf !

Regarding the sasl2 changes, there was a typo:

/etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf
mech_list: DIGEST-MD5

I removed ANONYMOUS, EXTERNAL and PLAIN. The other possibility is GSSAPI,
but that implies Kerberos, which I am not using.

The broker_url also had a typo, and the user and password words are of
course placeholders for other values.
/etc/pulp/server.conf
broker_url: qpid://user:password@localhost/

And the user and password were set up with the command
saslpasswd2 -f /var/lib/qpidd/qpidd.sasldb -u QPID user

They were set up to match.

I will leave this thread be until I get to set up a test vm. Then I will
have to try it again and inspect those logs.

Thanks for the help.
Ben.