[Pulp-list] unit association attributes

Dennis Gregorovic dgregor at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 18:08:59 UTC 2014

In the case of ISOs, we would use that metadata to present information
to users.  How something is described or how items are grouped together
could vary from one repo to another.  In some ways this is analogous to
comps.xml files.  comps.xml files are specific to a repo and they
provide a way to layer additional metadata (groupings, default type,
etc) onto the RPMs in that repo.

The ability to have multiple unique units that reference the same file
is an interesting idea.  That may solve what I am looking for, though I
do wonder about the complexity that it may introduce.