[Pulp-list] [devel] git submodules

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 15:29:00 UTC 2014

On 11/17/2014 08:46 AM, Chris Duryee wrote:
> Would RPMs be built from the meta-repo, or for each python package?

We could do it that way, or we could just use our new pulp_packaging
repo for that. I guess that begs the question of what the meta repo
would be good for, but perhaps it would be useful for something still
(playpen? docs?).

> I was never able to get pip to work with our current repo layout either,
> without checking the entire repo out to disk and then installing from there.

Yeah that's a pain, and it's also non-conventional in general. Maybe
that's not so bad, but I've been trying to think of ways we can do this
more easily.

I've looked at some other projects in the past that use a ton of
repositories, and they often have tools to help them manage it. Android
seems to have written their own tool (I forgot what it was called, but
back when I built from source I had to use it.)

Maybe it's not a problem worth solving at this point, but if we can
think of a way to get one Python package per git repository that isn't a
pain, I'd love to look into it.