[Pulp-list] Docs Organization Proposal

Austin Macdonald amacdona at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 18:46:17 UTC 2014

On 11/18/2014 11:09 AM, Randy Barlow wrote:

> In short, this:
>
> - User Guide
> - Developer Guide
>
> would become this:
>
> - User Documentation
> - Administrator Documentation
> - Integrator Documentation
> - Contributor Documentation

Since we have combined the projects there is some information that I
think belongs on the root level. This is the structure that I have in mind:

      o What is pulp?
      o How to use these docs:
          + Explanation of the layout
      o links to documentation of plugins

  * User Docs

  * Integration Docs
      o REST API
      o Events
      o Pulp Nodes
      o Conventions

  * Contributor Docs
      o Index
          +   high level information
          + checklist
      o Contributor Setup (formerly develop setup)
          + script install instructions for the lazy
          + setup
          + configuration
      o Branching and Merging (maybe combined)
      o Contributing documentation
      o Policies
      o Plugin Blueprint (Formerly Implementing Support for New Types)
      o Building Pulp for a Release (Formerly Building Instructions)
      o Troubleshooting
          + add database migration
          + add a sample restart script

  * Troubleshooting (moved from user docs)
  * Glossary (moved from user docs)