[Pulp-list] [devel] Is master going to be 2.6 or 3.0 (an API change question)?

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 13:17:12 UTC 2014

On 09/23/2014 06:07 PM, Brian Bouterse wrote:
> Any thoughts on the decision to make master 3.0 and creating a 2.6-dev branch?

To my knowledge, there is no current difference between 2.5-dev and
master. If we branched 2.6-dev right now, it would be identical to
2.5-dev and master, or at least extremely similar.

I don't think it's time to decide whether we do 2.6 or 3.0 next. I think
that the best solution is to make a high priority bug to remove the
duplicate data and assign it a target release of 3.0.0 (this already
exists as I requested it recently) so we don't forget it.