[Pulp-list] Parallel repo sync gets stuck

ben.stanley at exemail.com.au ben.stanley at exemail.com.au
Wed Jan 7 06:31:13 UTC 2015

> I found that there was a feed URL with two forward slashes in it:
> Jan 7 11:55:29 bumblebee pulp: pulp_rpm.plugins.importers.yum.sync:INFO:
> Downloading metadata from
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp//pulp/stable/2/7Server/x86_64/.

Contrary to my previous email, removing the double slashes has no effect
on the sync problem. It seems that occasionally a sync will complete, but
the real problem I am having is that the packages are not being updated
correctly. Inspecting the primary.xml file showed that it was indeed being
updated with the new package versions.

In the end I solved it by deleting the repo and re-creating it from
scratch. After a new sync, it appears to work properly.

What a frustrating day...

Now running pulp 2.5.1.

Ben.