[Pulp-list] 2.8 upgrade path

Christina Plummer cplummer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:00:01 UTC 2015

> I propose that we do not facilitate upgrading directly to pulp 2.8 from
> any release earlier than 2.4. I could easily be talked into drawing the
> line at 2.5.

Somewhat related - and looking for advice.

I am still on 2.3.1, but had planned to either upgrade or build a new Pulp
server in the next 6 months or so.  My setup is fairly basic - a number of
repos that I sync from external sources (mostly Red Hat and Oracle), and
then a number of "quarterly release" repos that I create at a certain point
in time and copy over packages from the live repos.  I also have 1 child
node in a remote location that these repos are then synced to; other than
that, I don't use the pulp consumer.

What would be the preferred approach?  Just install a fresh Pulp server,
recreate my feeds, and use the old server as a feed for the new one for any
internal repos I need to keep?  Or would upgrading (potentially twice, it
sounds like) be better for any reason?

Thanks,
Christina