[Pulp-list] A repository download policy set to background means?

Wed May 11 05:16:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

To avoid flooding the mailing list with multiple E-Mails, I'll
be collapsing a few questions into one E-Mail.

1. I had assumed a completed sync task meant it pulled remote packages
onto the pulp server. The documentation isn't quite clear on this
subject because this does not seem to be the case?

2. Going through bug reports in regards to download policies, the
picture is clearer regarding immediate and on_demand policies but quite
vague about what background policy do?

3. Do you really need to download content units onto the pulp server?
	3.a. If not, how does this work? Does consumers contact the
	origin servers directly?
	3.b. If yes, what is difference of scheduling a sync task and
	not a "download" task?

Regards

--
Lutchy Horace