[Pulp-list] Pulp 3.0 Technology Stack Justifications

Mihai Ibanescu mihai.ibanescu at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:25:59 UTC 2016

My personal experience with django as an ORM is less than stellar, but that
was based on an older version of django that I had to retrofit on existing
schema. For instance, the ORM insists that every table has to have an 'id'
primary key, even many-to-many tables. While not incorrect, it's annoying
and unnecessary in my opinion - the primary key would be a composite of the
two foreign keys. Maybe it's easier if you start with a clean schema. I
like sqlalchemy much better, personally.

Maybe the orm has changed recently.

Mihai's $0.02