[Pulp-list] Happy RHEL 7.6 release day! (CDN offering 404s rn)

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 13:13:47 UTC 2018

Good Morning Pulp Users!
RHEL 7.6 dropped overnight and I'm guessing that some CDN links might be
having hiccups either from being overloaded or from not propagating
uniformly.

Beware that I'm repeatedly getting 404s for certain upstream CDN repo paths
while trying to sync, resulting in tracebacks and sync failures.

I believe this to be commonplace on release day and am not going to stress
about it unless it keeps happening past today.

Here's an example return message in syslog that you might see today:
      pulp: nectar.downloaders.threaded:INFO: Download failed: Download of
https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/os/treeinfo
failed with code 404: Not Found

Just in case anyone else is getting tracebacks and is wondering what's
going on.

 - Kodiak