[Pulp-list] Weird failure and traceback related to gpg_key_id feature

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:27:07 UTC 2019

Thanks Tatiana,
The upstream state of https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/drpms/
has changed and now instead of 1 drpm available in EPEL7, I'm seeing 30+
packages.  They all seem to fail with the same gpg_key_id_filter_failure.
Perhaps Pulp 2.16.3 just doesn't handle DRPMs well.  Anyone know off-hand
if any enhancements to the RPM importers related to DRPMs have happened
between my version and current?  Would be a good excuse to make time to

 - Kodiak

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 12:00 PM Tatiana Tereshchenko <ttereshc at redhat.com>

> Hi Kodiak,
> I took a look at the code and I agree that it's a surprising and weird
> error for your case, I didn't spot anything suspicious.
> Can you please file an issue and post there your importer config and the
> task report (the one you mentioned in the e-mail) and if you use
> pulp-admin, please do put -vvv after pulp-admin so more details would be
> visible from API calls.
> If you have anything relevant in the logs, please attach it to the issue,
> sometimes in logs there is more information than in the task report.
> https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues/new
> Thank you,
> Tanya
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 9:10 PM Kodiak Firesmith <kfiresmith at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> You ever have a problem so weird that you google the error message and
>> only find one hit on the internet for that error message, and it's an
>> unanswered question?  And then upon further inspection, you discovered that
>> you yourself were the one to ask that question last year and then totally
>> forget about the problem?  Yea...
>> So I hit this again and googled "Error Code: gpg_key_id_filter_failure",
>> to discover this mail list thread.  Currently it's happening for me on EPEL
>> 7:
>> Operations:       sync
>> Resources:        EPEL7 (repository)
>> State:            Running
>> Start Time:       2019-02-19T19:45:17Z
>> Finish Time:      Incomplete
>> Result:           Incomplete
>> Task Id:          4afc0219-0cc7-4828-b851-626ec89de9a3
>> Worker Name:      reserved_resource_worker-2 at pulpserver.college.edu
>> Progress Report:
>>   Yum Importer:
>>     Comps:
>>       State: FINISHED
>>     Content:
>>       Details:
>>         Drpm Done:  1
>>         Drpm Total: 1
>>         Rpm Done:   0
>>         Rpm Total:  0
>>       Error Details:
>>         Error Code: gpg_key_id_filter_failure
>>         Name:
>>  drpms/perl-DBIx-QueryLog-0.41-1.el7_0.42-1.el7.noarch.drpm
>> I dug into the docs a bit more and was hoping this recipe would help but
>> alas, no it does not.
>> https://docs.pulpproject.org/plugins/pulp_rpm/user-guide/recipes.html#sync-a-repo-with-gpg-key-id-filtering
>> So I have no idea what is going on.  I've tried changing mirrors to no
>> avail.  The key of the RPM in question seems OK via 'rpm
>> -K perl-DBIx-QueryLog-0.41-1.el7_0.42-1.el7.noarch.drpm'
>> I'm pretty close at this point to chalking it up to our enterprise proxy
>> appliance (BlueCoat), which sometimes mangles things.
>>  - Kodiak
>> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 7:54 AM Kodiak Firesmith <kfiresmith at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>> So we're not setting anything related to GPG key IDs for YUM repodata,
>>> yet for a single package on a single upstream Red Hat CDN channel, we're
>>> getting tracebacks each time a sync is run that seem to be rooted in this
>>> error:
>>> Progress Report:
>>>   Yum Importer:
>>>     Comps:
>>>       State: FINISHED
>>>     Content:
>>>       Details:
>>>         Drpm Done:  0
>>>         Drpm Total: 0
>>>         Rpm Done:   1
>>>         Rpm Total:  1
>>>       Error Details:
>>>         Error Code: gpg_key_id_filter_failure
>>>         Name:       perl-gettext-1.05-28.el7.x86_64.rpm
>>>       Items Left:    0
>>>       Items Total:   1
>>>       Size Left:     0
>>>       Size Total:    22028
>>>       State:         FINISHED
>>> The CDN path is "
>>> https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/workstation/7/7Workstation/x86_64/os",
>>> and I'm guessing this should be widely and universally repeatable.
>>> I can file a story about this on the bug list but I'm not sure I'll be
>>> able to adequately describe the problem since I don't really understand the
>>> inner workings of this feature.
>>> I think we essentially have two problems related to this:
>>>  - Repo sync jobs traceback when this is encountered - it would probably
>>> be better to catch the error than to just trace out.
>>>  - Something is funky with a single package on a single Red Hat CDN
>>> channel and should probably be remedied by the folks who manage CDN.
>>> Currently running 2.16.3 - apologies if the traceback has been fixed in
>>> current release - I couldn't find this exact issue in the bug tracker so I
>>> wasn't sure if it had been seen before.
>>> Thanks!
>> _______________________________________________
>> Pulp-list mailing list
>> Pulp-list at redhat.com
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/pulp-list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://listman.redhat.com/archives/pulp-list/attachments/20190222/5035b896/attachment.htm>

More information about the Pulp-list mailing list