[Pulp-list] ERROR: requested data type primary not available

Rolf Loudon kalischt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 21:19:51 UTC 2019

Hello

Thanks for the assistance.  The problem is more confusing than at first thought.

If I go to http://xxxxxx/pulp/repos/rhel-6-server-rpms in a browser I see the two links for ‘Packages’ and ‘repodata’.

What I did not previously notice is that if I examine either link, or click on them, the URL used is not correct. It is http://xxxxxxx/pulp/repos/repodata which returns a 404.
I tried manually entering http://xxxxxx/pulp/repos/rhel-6-server-rpms/repodata and I get sensible information:

21dc6f5f63a58ea0c1f5afc1089b954a840234a6-comps.xml
5c8c97d6bbe41e935c933967a2a5f652ac138442-filelists.xml.gz
8c5ebae207e15589b4dd0362930f6986337be2d7-updateinfo.xml.gz
other.xml.gz
primary.xml.gz
productid
repomd.xml

Correspondingly if I use http://xxxxxx/pulp/repos/rhel-6-server-rpms/Packages I get a similar sensible output.

I tested further and find that this behaviour is the same for all the categories, rhel-6-server-extras-rpms, rhel-6-server-optional-rpms, and rhel-6-server-supp-rpms  and so on:  the URL for ‘Packages’ and ‘repodata’ is not correct.

What is further confusing is that using the spacewalk application to sync packages from my pulp server does in fact work for the other categories, just not for the Base packages:

On the spacewalk host using the sync command:

	1.	For example the ‘Extras’ category:

# spacewalk-repo-sync -c rhel6-server-extras-x86_64-pulp
20:48:54 ======================================
20:48:54 | Channel: rhel6-server-extras-x86_64-pulp
20:48:54 ======================================
20:48:54 Sync of channel started.
20:48:54 Repo URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx/pulp/repos/rhel-6-server-extras-rpms
20:48:55 Packages in repo:                97
20:48:59 No new packages to sync.
20:48:59 Repo http://xxxxxxxxxx/pulp/repos/rhel-6-server-extras-rpms has comps file 7a747e6dc73c3ccef57c839995d90b6ef4c76092-comps.xml.
20:48:59 Repo http://xxxxxxxxxx/pulp/repos/rhel-6-server-extras-rpms has 54 errata.
20:49:02 Sync of channel completed in 0:00:07.
20:49:02 Total time: 0:00:07

There are no new packages in this category but as is shown there is no error returned

	2.	 Using the base package:

# spacewalk-repo-sync -c rhel6-x86_64-pulp
20:49:23 ======================================
20:49:23 | Channel: rhel6-x86_64-pulp
20:49:23 ======================================
20:49:23 Sync of channel started.
20:49:23 Repo URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxx/pulp/repos/rhel-6-server-rpms
20:49:24 ERROR: requested datatype primary not available
20:49:24 Sync of channel completed in 0:00:00.
20:49:24 Total time: 0:00:00

The different behaviour between the Base set and the Extras, Supp, Optional, etc is further confusing and unexplained.

So the essence of the problem now is that the URL provided for ‘Packages’ and ‘repodata’ in each category is wrong and does not include the category name.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

r.