[Pulp-list] Sanity check w/r/t OpenSuSE's public 3rd party repos

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 21:50:53 UTC 2019

Hi All,
So..  I have a problem and it could be our enterprise proxy, or it could be
Pulp.  I've upgraded a test server to the latest version of Pulp GA
(2.18.1) to try to resolve, but no matter what, hosted YUM repos on
download.opensuse.org will *not* sync down to my pulp servers.  The
metadata syncs fine, then it pulls in zero RPMs and zero deltarpms, then
fails with 'error retrieving metadata'.

A couple repositories I've tested are:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/katacontainers:/releases:/x86_64:/stable-1.6/RHEL_7/x86_64/

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/polyconvex:/NM/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/

Here's what it looks like to the admin running a sync:
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/smQW3pfpc2AwdWvJ7ntuqQ

And here's what's logged into syslog:
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/TPGMjKMpyJGrOaG4v8ufZg

I have two theories (assuming it isn't our bluecoat proxies) that come
solely from a non-developer standpoint:

1.  something is wonky with Suse's implementation of CDN using something
called MirrorBrain that I know nothing about.

2.  Pulp doesn't like colons in URLs - there are a ton of colons in every
Opensuse YUM repo.

So, would anyone else perhaps not behind a proxy try to sync one of those
repos?  And then of course if it is having problems even not behind a
proxy, I suppose my next step will be to file a story on pulp.plan.io.

Thanks!
 - Kodiak