[Pulp-list] RHEL8 and no modules

Stefan Wiederoder stefanwiederoder at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 21 14:08:04 UTC 2019

Hello pulp-list,

I'm using pulp v2.21 to sync RHEL8 repos, problem is that I can't list any
modules at all:

[root at myhost ~]# dnf module list
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can
use subscription-manager to register.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:09 ago on Thu 21 Nov 2019 01:07:34 PM
UTC.
[root at myhost ~]# dnf repolist
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can
use subscription-manager to register.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:16 ago on Thu 21 Nov 2019 01:22:26 PM
UTC.
repo id                                           repo name
                        status
rhel8_appstream                                   rhel8_appstream
                        8,995
rhel8_baseos                                      rhel8_baseos
                         3,314

looks like this issue    https://community.oracle.com/thread/4281741

I found one article which says that you need to add the option
 --setopt=repo_id.module_hotfixes=1     to reposync,
which results in
repodata/6ebbfad195ec992ac04423670bc8e58ce09a7430d22e2db9f02c5e267cdf7028-modules.yaml.gz

do I need to add a similar option to my pulp repo as well?

I've tried to upload that file (either yaml or yaml.gz) to my repo (like I
do with the comps-Server xml file), but that fails.

thanks
,
Stefan