[Pulp-list] As a user, how to clear/clean contents in pulp?

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Mon May 24 11:51:21 UTC 2021

Hi Xiao!

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 10:06 PM Zhang, Xiao <xiao.zhang at windriver.com>
wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I just start to use pulp_deb with docker pulp/pulp.I wonder How to clean
> the pulp database and release disk space?
>
> I made several repositories, upload Deb packages, sycn remote
> repositories, while after I deleted all distributions, publications,
> remotes and repositories, there are still lots of content/packages. So how
> to remove all of them. Or, are there any methods to clear the whole
> environment and construct a pure new one(without any data/file)?

Pulp deduplicates content, so a given artifact can be shared among an
arbitrary number of repositories. This is why deleting the repos doesn't on
its own remove the content.

When a piece of content is no longer related-to any repositories, it's
considered an 'orphan', and is available to be cleaned up. You can start
the orphan-cleanup process with this API call:

  http DELETE http://<your-pulp-maching-and-port>/pulp/api/v3/orphans/

That starts a task that will remove all the unattached content.

Great question, hope this answers it for you!
Grant

> Thanks
> Xiao

Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering