help abt TV Tuner Card

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Apr 3 23:43:08 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dany Gates" <dany_gates_universal at hotmail.com>
To: <redhat-install-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 7:20 AM
Subject: help abt TV Tuner Card

> hi,  i had installed a TV Tuner Video Capture Card during my Windows
Days
> and used to run properly with Windows. Now when i have started using
RH9 how
> am i supposed to use it , i mean watch TV channels or listen to radio
with
> this card?
> Is there any program available for this?
> I checked the manufacturers website but they dont' support Linux it
seems.
> So do i have any option left?
> This card is made by "Intex".

Use the command

#lspci -vv

Search for your tv tuner card . In the first line it should give you the
chipset of  the card .
Search for drivers for the chipset ( i don't recall which kernel you use
but if  your tv tuner
card has a Bt848 chipset , your kernel already has drivers ) .
There might be a need to add an options line in your /etc/modules.conf
file if  your tv tuner
card doesn't get autodetected  ( for example if  you can watch tv but
you can't change channels ) .
Other  than that i use xawtv in order to watch tv and for video
capturing .

Kind Regards ,
  Kostas