Berkeley 4.2.52 DB requires Tcl version 8.4 or better

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Apr 13 22:36:55 UTC 2004

Stewart Walker wrote:
> Red Hat Enterprise ver3
>
> Trying to install Berkeley (sleepycat) database.
> got the above compiler error message so found a tcl 8.4.5 rpm.
>
> tcl install stopped due to dependences of gaim, tk and a couple of
> others that share some lib files.
>
> Does any one know of a package that will update all of the files so I
> can continue with the Berkeley install.

You can use "--nodeps" or "--force" on the tcl RPM to force it to
update.  I don't think that'll break anything as the new tcl is
backwards-compatible with older versions.  Make sure you keep a copy
of the older tcl RPM--just in case.
-     If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...     -
-              ...oh, wait.  He does.  THAT explains it!             -