Restore Windows Boot

Chuck Slate chuck at cslate.net
Wed Apr 21 12:38:50 UTC 2004

Hi David,

I can think of two ways this might work:

1) The easiest way is to boot off your favorite DOS or Windows boot disk
and run "fdisk /mbr"  Assuming you had Windows on first, it will put the
old boot loader back.

2) If that doesn't work, you can create a Windows repair disk and boot
off that.  It will eventually prompt you to "repair" the boot sequence.
When it does this, Windows will now boot.  Unfortunately, how the repair
process works varies from Windows version to version, so the best advice
I can give you is to search the MS knowledgebase (microsoft.com).  I've
done it a bunch of times; it's simple the 2nd time you do it.  :0)

Hope this helps.

Chuck

Chuck Slate <chuck at cslate.net>